DaiHard

In here, You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for. (Paraphrased from Patrick Stokes, Deakin University)
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 am

All times are UTC+10:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject: Re: Tonight
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:18 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="Daisy4Doors"][quote="PeterHoare"]I reject your reality and substitute m own.[/quote]
FTFY :yes:[/quote]

Lucky you didn't put a question up RE: film. It'd be 50/50 as to if if knew it. Good chance I will, trust me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:36 pm 
Gänseblümchen mit vier Türen

And if you don't, you'll just look it up and pretend you knew it all along.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:36 am 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="Daisy4Doors"]And if you don't, you'll just look it up and pretend you knew it all along.[/quote]

Nah - that's cheating. If I cheat I'll let you know.

And where is the fun in that? You either know or you don't. I have pretty decent knowledge of film, not 100% of everything but it isn't bad and certainly is in the highest percentile compared to your average muppet who thinks they know and like film. Even if I do say so myself.

I watch the directors commentaries on the DVD extras often four or five times. Directors commentaries are the best, you find out so much stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:42 am 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
I assure I know my stuff. I know my stuff. But only stuff worth knowing, I don't tolerate crap about crap.
You don't know sh1t about sh1t you claim you are the biggest fan of.

Lets talk Star Wars for example. Now a fan would know all the details. Like a mate who when watching Episode 1, the instant Palpatine came onto the screen, leaned over to me and said "that's the Emperor" and when I asked how he knew, responded with "it's it farking obvious?". Of course, through the course of the movies, it does become more and more obvious, but for the die hard fans, they pick up on things.

Then you have other things the fans argue like Harn shot first and how changing that destroys a major part of character development.

So there are varying levels of fans.

And then we have you Peter. Somebody who didn't know that the first trilogy were episodes 4, 5 & 6. It could almost be excused if not for the fact that not only since the early 80's has it been part of the logo for each episode. Not to mention that when the first installment of the prequel trilogy came out, it was advertised heavily as "Episode 1" and more people knew it as that than anything else.

And you, a self confessed expert can't even get that right, something that the average person wouldn't get right more often than not.

+-----------+------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo------------------+
/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
/ | / Oz \ | Brisbane, Queensland, Australia |
/ | \_,--.x/ | FidoNet: 3:632/309 |
| | V | Internet: glen@greig.net.au |
| +-----------+-----------------------------------------------+
| / / /
|/___________/_______________________________________________/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:07 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="grog"][quote="PeterHoare"]I assure I know my stuff. I know my stuff. But only stuff worth knowing, I don't tolerate crap about crap.[/quote]You don't know sh1t about sh1t you claim you are the biggest fan of.

Lets talk Star Wars for example. Now a fan would know all the details. Like a mate who when watching Episode 1, the instant Palpatine came onto the screen, leaned over to me and said "that's the Emperor" and when I asked how he knew, responded with "it's it farking obvious?". Of course, through the course of the movies, it does become more and more obvious, but for the die hard fans, they pick up on things.

Then you have other things the fans argue like Harn shot first and how changing that destroys a major part of character development.

So there are varying levels of fans.

And then we have you Peter. Somebody who didn't know that the first trilogy were episodes 4, 5 & 6. It could almost be excused if not for the fact that not only since the early 80's has it been part of the logo for each episode. Not to mention that when the first installment of the prequel trilogy came out, it was advertised heavily as "Episode 1" and more people knew it as that than anything else.

And you, a self confessed expert can't even get that right, something that the average person wouldn't get right more often than not.[/quote]

Flying Spaghetti Monster you are full of crap. I knew alllllll about the structure of the episodes literally before you were born. I waited YEARRRRRS for the next lot (and wan't that disappointing). Followed and freted over the whole 'will there be 3, 6 or 9?' drama for years and years?'

Seen every single one of them in a cinema. 'Empire' had my record of 7 repeated viewings (and that was when I was in school and had to force Mum and Dad to drive 50kms to see it).

I was front and centre IN A CINEMA day one in '77 and got blown away.

Where were you? Sucking Mums tit? Even born yet?

I used to make my Mum name and identify all the characters and their relationships with each other on all the posters on my bedroom wall when I was about 15 at lights out or I would refuse to sleep.

I still have very collectable C3PO and R2D2 money boxes issued by the Commonwealth Bank on my TV as I type this.

Did you have very expensive Star Wars wallpaper on your bedroom wall when you were growing up? I did. That'd be a 'No' from you then?

How many models of the spacecraft have you made, pained and fussed over? Still got a friggin' 'Falcon' faithfully painted with battle damage put onto it with a pin over a candle? I have.

I used to stage it against backgrounds and take photos of it against black cardboard with pin holes in it because I read in 'Time' magazine at school that is how Lucas did it. Very effective.

How many 'Making Star Wars' docos have you seen?

I even saw the revisions (don't I regret that.....)

Ever seen the rare as 'Wookie' Christmas special????. I saw it on TV when it was new as a kid.

So little boy. Please. You have strayed into territory you won't win on. I've lived my Star Wars more than you could imagine and certainly more than you are your mates.

P.S - Han shot first.

P.P.S - Empire was the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:33 pm 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
I knew alllllll about the structure of the episodes literally before you were born.
Evidence shows things a little differently.

http://daihard.eis.net.au/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37041&p=456306

PeterHoare wrote:
Doing anything based on stuff in 4-6 will bring up too many upsetting and disturbing emotions amongst fans. It's best they just be seen as something that never really happened.
Your words farkwit. :roll:

I waited YEARRRRRS for the next lot (and wan't that disappointing). Followed and freted over the whole 'will there be 3, 6 or 9?' drama for years and years?'

Quote:
I used to make my Mum name and identify all the characters and their relationships with each other on all the posters on my bedroom wall when I was about 15 at lights out or I would refuse to sleep.
WTF? 8O You had to have your mum talk you to sleep AT FIFTEEN!!!!! 8O 8O 8O Wow.

Quote:
Did you have very expensive Star Wars wallpaper on your bedroom wall when you were growing up? I did. That'd be a 'No' from you then?
I have no idea, because I'm unaware how much it cost, but I certainly DID have star wars wallpaper. But I tell you what Peter, that's nothing special, it was the very early 1980's, star wars was the biggest thing around, MANY kids had Star Wars wallpaper. It doesn't make you special. :roll:

Quote:
Ever seen the rare as 'Wookie' Christmas special????.
It's not the 'Wookie Christmas Special', it's the Star Wars Holiday Special. I have a copy of it right here on my computer.

So, lets test that knowledge of yours, what Episode is the Holiday Special? :wink:

Quote:
So little boy. Please. You have strayed into territory you won't win on.
Mate, I already won, in that other thread, the one you tried to slither away from.

And you know what, I really enjoy Star Wars, but I wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan, and still, you get so much wrong, and I have to keep correcting you. The fact that you had so much exposure to the franchise and still don't even get the basics correct is just plain sad.

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 pm 
Izzy Whizzy, Let's Get Busy

PeterHoare wrote:
That's one very strange sentence right there!

Fark, you were one seriously damaged kid!

Now every time I see this, I'll think of Peter and his mum...

MY85 Audi WR quattro - the new rally toy!... SOLD!
MY88 Audi MB quattro - the new road toy
MY99 Subaru Impreza WRX - the daily drive
MY05 Subaru Impreza Hatch - the family car

And previously in the garage, from 1977 to 2013:
1961 XK Falcon Ute * 1964 EH Premier * 1973 LJ GTR XU-1 * 1967 HD Sedan * 1966 Ford Consul * 1967 Ford Cortina * 1968 HK 327 GTS * 1981 Datsun Bluebird * 1974 Datsun 120Y * 1978 KE35 Corolla Coupe * 1970 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1971 Datsun 1600 * 1971 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1968 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1981 Datsun Stanza (rally) * 1974 Honda Civic * 1986 G11 Charade * 1995 G200 Charade * 1998 Impreza STi (rally) * 1994 G201 DeTomaso Charade (rally) * 1997 G203 Charade F2 * 1985 G11 Charade Turbo * 1992 G102 Charade POS * 1992 Hyundai Excel * 1983 Diesel Hilux Dual Cab * 1989 R31 Skyline * PA10 Violet GT (rally) * Datsun 910 Bluebird (rally) * MY92 Subaru Liberty Wagon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:35 pm 
Doesn't get it.

The episode numbers - depends on how you count them? How Lucas did it or just numerically how they were released. I'm familiar with how Lucas did it - trust me. :roll:

And I'll bet my Star Wars wallpaper was better than yours. :arrow: It was raised (a bit) and very lush. :yes:

Dunno what circle of kids you were in but Star Wars wallpaper wasn't common. In my school no-one had it and I asked around.

Mum saying goodnight to you at lights out????? :scratchchin: When I was still at school and living under their roof???

Duhhhhhh. Do you not/did not say goodnight at lights out to people who are directly related to you and live under your roof???? :roll: Maybe that's what's wrong with you.

The 'Star Wars' quizz was our fun little ritual. :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:47 pm 

PeterHoare wrote:
The 'Star Wars' quizz was our fun little ritual. :yes:

How did she cope with the fact that all the characters are foreign?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:54 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="Daisy4Doors"][quote="PeterHoare"]The 'Star Wars' quizz was our fun little ritual. :yes:[/quote]
How did she cope with the fact that all the characters are foreign?[/quote]

WTF does that mean? :scratchchin:

As long as they weren't Asians she couldn't care less.

Understand my mother had a few immediate relatives that did HARD HARD HARD times in Jap prisoner of war camps. Lots of inventive torture, starvation and that sort of stuff. And she saw what they were like when they got back to Australia.

So I give her a bit of leeway in that department.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:00 am 

PeterHoare wrote:
As long as they weren't Asians she couldn't care less.

Sorry. I forgot that it is perfectly normal to hate Thais, Viets and Chinese because somebody's mother's cousin's uncle was tortured by some Japanese soldiers in the forties.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:22 am 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="Daisy4Doors"][quote="PeterHoare"]As long as they weren't Asians she couldn't care less.[/quote]
Sorry. I forgot that it is perfectly normal to hate Thais, Viets and Chinese because somebody's mother's cousin's uncle was tortured by some Japanese soldiers in the forties.[/quote]

It was a bit more than that and a teeny bit more closely related than someones cousins uncles.

It really isn't that unusual for members of that generation to still hold SERIOUS grudges against Asians (whichever way their eyes slant, they were all lumped into the same basket) to this day.

Here's a bit I stumbled on.

"Just a day before the British surrendered Singapore, Japanese soldiers stormed Alexandra Military Hospital and slaughtered its occupants, including the medical staff and patients. Even those undergoing surgery were not spared. Following the massacre, the Japanese forced those left to clean up the mess and then herded them into cramped rooms. When morning came, the Japanese rounded up the 200 survivors (some died during the night) and bayoneted them in the courtyard. Only five survived the second massacre—by hiding in a storm drain. General poo, upon learning the incident, had the offending soldiers apprehended and executed."

One of millions of incidents.

Ever read of the Japs V Chinese stuff? :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: That's fun reading.

Caucasian Australians were simply not used to that level of vicious cruelty.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:51 am 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
The episode numbers - depends on how you count them? How Lucas did it or just numerically how they were released.
No Peter, there is NO ambiguity in the episode numbers in Star Wars. Get over it, you were/are wrong and you just continue to look more and more like a fool the more you argue.

Quote:
Mum saying goodnight to you at lights out?????
Lights out? At 15? FFS, are you serious? By 15, I was expected to act like an adult.

Hell, at 16 my parents moved to Brisbane and I remained in Melbourne for another 6 months so I could finish the year at school before I moved up as well. My parents came down every 2nd weekend, but It was basically just myself and my sister living on our own with grandparents a 20 minute pushbike ride away if we needed anything.

See, the thing is, some parents bring up their kids to think and be responsible, so by the time they reach their teenage years, while they will still do typical teenage stuff, they can be trusted to do the right thing and become individually responsible.

So, yeah, having a "lights out" time and having to have your mother talk you to sleep at an age of 15, that's weird, very weird. But does go a way to explain your immaturity which seems to have dictated the direction of your life.

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:16 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="grog"][quote="PeterHoare"]The episode numbers - depends on how you count them? How Lucas did it or just numerically how they were released.[/quote]No Peter, there is NO ambiguity in the episode numbers in Star Wars. Get over it, you were/are wrong and you just continue to look more and more like a fool the more you argue.

[quote]Mum saying goodnight to you at lights out?????[/quote]Lights out? At 15? FFS, are you serious? By 15, I was expected to act like an adult.

Hell, at 16 my parents moved to Brisbane and I remained in Melbourne for another 6 months so I could finish the year at school before I moved up as well. My parents came down every 2nd weekend, but It was basically just myself and my sister living on our own with grandparents a 20 minute pushbike ride away if we needed anything.

See, the thing is, some parents bring up their kids to think and be responsible, so by the time they reach their teenage years, while they will still do typical teenage stuff, they can be trusted to do the right thing and become individually responsible.

So, yeah, having a "lights out" time and having to have your mother talk you to sleep at an age of 15, that's weird, very weird. But does go a way to explain your immaturity which seems to have dictated the direction of your life.[/quote]

Ahhhhhh - but 'lights out' at 2100 was wonderful because you could then put your transistor radio on under the covers with an ear piece and learn songs or even better your little B&W TV and watch TV for hours.

Mum and dad get a warm glow thinking they are being responsible parents for the school day tomorrow and I'm apparently compliant so there's no flack and crap. And I get to stay up as long as I want. Which was hours and hours. I'd sometimes sneak a small glass of McWilliams Cream Sherry out of the fridge :wink:

"Individually responsible". :roll: Mohamed you would have been boring.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:10 pm 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
"Individually responsible". :roll: Mohamed you would have been boring.
Yep, you believe that. Your little self, tucked away in bed with mummy to put you to sleep. I'll keep my free to do what I wanted in Broadmeadows childhood any day.

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:55 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="grog"][quote="PeterHoare"]"Individually responsible". :roll: Mohamed you would have been boring.[/quote]Yep, you believe that. Your little self, tucked away in bed with mummy to put you to sleep. I'll keep my free to do what I wanted in Broadmeadows childhood any day.[/quote]

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha! Flying Spaghetti Monster you are a tool.

'Night night' time is probably 30 seconds to a minute of your day.

Wot so you roamed the streets all night in Broadmeadows for days on end gettin' wild???? Give me a break.

I used to get up to far more sheet than you could ever imagine. I have a devious criminal mind - always have. Used to break into peoples houses and raid their fridge, steal their boxes of sapphires, paint their fishtank with black paint (poor fish looked frightened by the outside world), steal a whole streets mail and put it in other peoples mail boxes streets away, snek out at night and steal everyones milk money which they would stupidly leave out at night, set the dump on fire with mower fuel etc, etc, etc. And that is just the very early years like grade 2/3. Run around early Sat morn with my dog and raid peoples chook sheds and open the doors so they all got away - with a fair bit of noise. That was really fun. And that is just the naughty stuff - lots of other normal fun was had.

I did basically whatever the fsuck I wanted and worked out ways to get away with it. It was a good education for adult life. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:35 pm 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
It was a good education for adult life. :wink:
And looking at the outcome of this "adult", must have been a pretty piss poor education. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:16 pm 

PeterHoare wrote:
'Night night' time is probably 30 seconds to a minute of your day.
Obviously not too many Starwars characters then? :roll:

1961 XK Falcon Ute * 1964 EH Premier * 1973 LJ GTR XU-1 * 1967 HD Sedan * 1966 Ford Consul * 1967 Ford Cortina * 1968 HK 327 GTS * 1981 Datsun Bluebird * 1974 Datsun 120Y * 1978 KE35 Corolla Coupe * 1970 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1971 Datsun 1600 * 1971 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1968 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1981 Datsun Stanza (rally) * 1974 Honda Civic * 1986 G11 Charade * 1995 G200 Charade * 1998 Impreza STi (rally) * 1994 G201 DeTomaso Charade (rally) * 1997 G203 Charade F2 * 1985 G11 Charade Turbo * 1992 G102 Charade POS * 1992 Hyundai Excel * 1983 Diesel Hilux Dual Cab * 1989 R31 Skyline * PA10 Violet GT (rally) * Datsun 910 Bluebird (rally) * MY92 Subaru Liberty Wagon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="grog"][quote="PeterHoare"]It was a good education for adult life. :wink:[/quote]And looking at the outcome of this "adult", must have been a pretty piss poor education. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

Getting away with stuff??? Hahahaha. I'm very very very good at it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:26 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="Marc"][quote="PeterHoare"]'Night night' time is probably 30 seconds to a minute of your day. [/quote] Obviously not too many Starwars characters then? :roll:[/quote]

Well this is when you educated her in the names after quite a few goes to make it happen quicker :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:02 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next