DaiHard

In here, You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for. (Paraphrased from Patrick Stokes, Deakin University)
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:25 pm

All times are UTC+10:00

Post subject: Flu
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:19 am 
Doesn't get it.

Flu here is officially the worst the place has ever seen. And there is a month to go.

There are a few hundred hospitalised in life threatening situations. Some poor (very fit) 16yr old kid started feeling a bit crook Mon, was on life support Wed and was dead Thu. 8O

Post subject: Re: Flu
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:24 am 
Bloody Volvo Driver

I'm just getting over a cracker actually.

Started to feel tired Monday 10am, was exhausted at 1pm, in bed by 4pm, then everything started hurting..
From 5pm - midnight dry coughs (no phloem yet) and my body at felt like I just ran 200km. I could not get warm, in fact my body temperature was 34.8 degrees :s another hot shower, pile on the clothes into bed, throw a couple of blankets over me. Really sucked.

By 8pm it was hurting to be laying down so up I got and sat on the heater in my room, just for a chance of scenery mostly. legs now aching from not being moved I suspect, give up into bed.

Tuesday morning I climb out of bed (phloem now here) cough's now wet, still hurting everywhere, tell work to go get fornication and back to sleep till 1pm. Feeling 70% take the dog for a walk, that was to much, came home needed another hot shower to warm up, sat back down in front of the heater.

Stayed awake most of the night coughing, but managed to get some kind of sleep in, managed to get to work today. see how long I stay here.. Feeling 82% human.

Partner has it now too, hope hers develops and leaves as quickly too.

More and more of less and less.

Last edited by bowie on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 am 
Pork Hunt

bowie wrote:
I'm just getting over a cracker actually.

Started to feel tied Monday 10am, was exhausted at 1pm, in bed by 4pm, then everything started hurting..

Sounds like a kinky week!

And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:51 am 
Pork Hunt

Oh, if you have trouble sleeping due to coughing, codeine is a CNS suppressant, and as such should eliminate the cough reflex. It's in many cold and flu's but also just in the "forte" variety of pain killers if you find that pseudoephedrine acts like speed for you.
Drop a few of a night before you go to bed but steer clear of a day time so you can actually cough the shyte up :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:20 am 
Bloody Volvo Driver

Honestly a few glasses of scotch seemed to help too. The effect lasted for about 40-50mins after I finished it. My partner had come in to check on me as the coughing had stopped whilst I was drinking last night :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 am 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

x wrote:
if you find that pseudoephedrine acts like speed for you.
I wish. :lol:

But I will say, harder to buy than speed:

"Sir, have you bought the same thing today"
"Yeah, Bought some today, but left them in the office, wanted a pack for home"
"Sorry, I can't sell you any since you bought some in the last 3 days"
"Fine, so your forcing my hand, I'll just have to go buy some meth to clear up my head".

But you know, this "NEW" drug ICE is such problem in society, first hit and your hooked for life and within two days, you'll be an addict and have ruined your life.

+-----------+------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo------------------+
/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
/ | / Oz \ | Brisbane, Queensland, Australia |
/ | \_,--.x/ | FidoNet: 3:632/309 |
| | V | Internet: glen@greig.net.au |
| +-----------+-----------------------------------------------+
| / / /
|/___________/_______________________________________________/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:25 am 
Bloody Volvo Driver

OMG THE CHILDREN!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:56 am 
Doesn't get it.

Seriously, i wouldn't fsuck around with the bugs getting around ATM. There's like 100 versions and some will kill you quicker than the Mafia when you've screwed them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:33 am 
Doesn't get it.

I had bird flu/SARS, whatever (not official, your average GP in a suburb ain't going there with a name, but it was) when bird flu was big a few years ago.

I have never been that sick in my life.

The fever aches and the sweat, for days. Ex GF would get upset because I would saturate her multi thousand dollar (very comfy) mattress with sweat. I wanted to die in my head and my body was having a good go at it. You get hallucinations, shiver uncontrollably.

I'd rate dengue/ross river fever as worse (which I've also had when I lived in Innisfail in the 80's). Because it goes on for about two weeks. You can't move because every molecule in your body is in agony whilst your major body functions all just want to shut down ASAP.

I can see why the old, weak and the young without a developed immune system kark it from that sheet. It is full on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:14 am 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
I had bird flu/SARS, whatever (not official, your average GP in a suburb ain't going there with a name, but it was) when bird flu was big a few years ago.
Here we go again, Dr Hoare who knows better than a doctor with... TRAINING. :roll:

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:57 pm 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="grog"][quote="PeterHoare"]I had bird flu/SARS, whatever (not official, your average GP in a suburb ain't going there with a name, but it was) when bird flu was big a few years ago. [/quote]Here we go again, Dr Hoare who knows better than a doctor with... TRAINING. :roll:[/quote]

Correct. Do you think doctors had training in Sars/Bird Flu 40 years ago????

You'll learn more from watching the news on that sort of thing than from them.

All they care about is getting you out in 10-15 minutes and you feel happy so they can get the next $90 that walks in the door, hopefully just an easy script.

I had a doctor call a hospital and get right up the doctor and query thier actual credentials this week because in a hospital i was to be admitted to he dismissed my shocking facial staph infection as mild acne ( :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: ).

Yeah, I trust the medical profession 100% to be concerned, focused and correct. :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:08 am 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
Correct. Do you think doctors had training in Sars/Bird Flu 40 years ago????

You'll learn more from watching the news on that sort of thing than from them.
Doctors don't have training, but reporters do?

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:09 am 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="grog"][quote="PeterHoare"]Correct. Do you think doctors had training in Sars/Bird Flu 40 years ago????

You'll learn more from watching the news on that sort of thing than from them.[/quote]Doctors don't have training, but reporters do?[/quote]

Reporters have more of an incentive to actually do a good job. They are accountable to a boss. Doctors just don't care because they don't really have to do more than go through the motions to make big bucks It just rolls in despite their worst efforts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:16 am 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
Reporters have more of an incentive to actually do a good job. They are accountable to a boss.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Says the avid reader of the Courier Mail. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quote:
Doctors just don't care because they don't really have to do more than go through the motions to make big bucks It just rolls in despite their worst efforts.
Doctors don't have a boss?

You are one seriously mentally damaged person Peter.

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:36 am 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="grog"][quote="PeterHoare"]Reporters have more of an incentive to actually do a good job. They are accountable to a boss.[/quote] :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Says the avid reader of the Courier Mail. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote]Doctors just don't care because they don't really have to do more than go through the motions to make big bucks It just rolls in despite their worst efforts.[/quote]Doctors don't have a boss?

You are one seriously mentally damaged person Peter.[/quote]

Tha AMA????? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When did you last hear of a medical professional ever go through the court system for neglect or whatever? Only 20 - 60 thousand avoiadable fusck up deaths from people in their care every year (hard to get figures - they don't keep them)

And you reckon I'm the one with problems???????

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:59 am 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
Tha AMA?????
The AMA are a professional organisation, not an employer. :roll:

Quote:
Only 20 - 60 thousand avoiadable fusck up deaths
And another fact you repeat over and over again without any reference.

When your largest estimate is 3 times the lower estimate, it goes to show the accuracy of your data.

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:45 am 
Doesn't get it.

http://www.medicalerroraustralia.com/

Here is a start. I'm not saying they are your go to for accurate figures, but I'll bet they are close, because the doctors and those in charge of medical facilities don't keep them. And close or not - thousands and thousands of people who die and the lives wrecked as a result because of medical incompetence.????

Once again, ever seen a single thing go through court????? Just one of the more obvious glaring fsuck ups?? No?? Me niether.

Fsuck me I know a highly capable nurse who was being treated for the obviously totally wrong disease over days and she ended up storming up to the doctor and threatening legal action unless he did a. b. c. right now because she knew what was what and she fixed herself.

Guess what. She got better in a day when she called the shots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:48 am 
Pork Hunt

PeterHoare wrote:
Fsuck me I know a highly capable nurse who was being treated for the obviously totally wrong disease over days and she ended up storming up to the doctor and threatening legal action unless he did a. b. c. right now because she knew what was what and she fixed herself.

Guess what. She got better in a day when she called the shots.

If you know what the problem is, why see a doc? :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:55 am 
Doesn't get it.

[quote="x"][quote="PeterHoare"]Fsuck me I know a highly capable nurse who was being treated for the obviously totally wrong disease over days and she ended up storming up to the doctor and threatening legal action unless he did a. b. c. right now because she knew what was what and she fixed herself.

Guess what. She got better in a day when she called the shots.[/quote]

If you know what the problem is, why see a doc? :?[/quote]

Scripts.

I've always found you get a better result telling them what to do, but you have to be able to wrangle them. They always believe it is their birth right to be the smartest brain in the room. You just have to be able to work around their ego to get what you want.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:47 pm 
Glen-boy from Glenroy

PeterHoare wrote:
I'm not saying they are your go to for accurate figures
So why bother quoting them

Quote:
because the doctors and those in charge of medical facilities don't keep them.
Wanna bet?

Quote:
Once again, ever seen a single thing go through court?????
Yep. For somebody who "reads all the news" I would have thought you would have too. :roll:

Quote:
They always believe it is their birth right to be the smartest brain in the room.
No, it's there education. Something you failed at, remember?

Quote:
You just have to be able to work around their ego
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: THEIR EGO?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

/| ,-._|\ | Glen Greig |
| / / /

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:19 pm 
Izzy Whizzy, Let's Get Busy

Fark! Give that man a tinfoil hat... STAT!

And FWIW, I've been pretty much fscked with the flu for the past eight days. All gone now. My doctor (who I should have seen BEFORE getting sick... yeah, that's how it should have been) gave me the ol' Tamiflu shot and then a damned course of antibiotics for the bacterial chest infection.

Doctors are great!

MY85 Audi WR quattro - the new rally toy!... SOLD!
MY88 Audi MB quattro - the new road toy
MY99 Subaru Impreza WRX - the daily drive
MY05 Subaru Impreza Hatch - the family car

And previously in the garage, from 1977 to 2013:
1961 XK Falcon Ute * 1964 EH Premier * 1973 LJ GTR XU-1 * 1967 HD Sedan * 1966 Ford Consul * 1967 Ford Cortina * 1968 HK 327 GTS * 1981 Datsun Bluebird * 1974 Datsun 120Y * 1978 KE35 Corolla Coupe * 1970 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1971 Datsun 1600 * 1971 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1968 Datsun 1600 (rally) * 1981 Datsun Stanza (rally) * 1974 Honda Civic * 1986 G11 Charade * 1995 G200 Charade * 1998 Impreza STi (rally) * 1994 G201 DeTomaso Charade (rally) * 1997 G203 Charade F2 * 1985 G11 Charade Turbo * 1992 G102 Charade POS * 1992 Hyundai Excel * 1983 Diesel Hilux Dual Cab * 1989 R31 Skyline * PA10 Violet GT (rally) * Datsun 910 Bluebird (rally) * MY92 Subaru Liberty Wagon