DaiHard

In here, You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for. (Paraphrased from Patrick Stokes, Deakin University)
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC+10:00

Post subject: Getting drunk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:40 pm 
Doesn't get it.

I don't understand why people have a problem with it. I understand it can become a BIG problem like if you don't keep a check on it, like hair loss. But just keep it civil, interesting and fun.

Behave yourself (in terms of not doing bad stuff to other people. That's out of bounds, and why would you?) But man, get outrageous and outlandish and brash and funny like a star in a Baz Lurrrrrrrman film. Play up with a smile!!!!!!.

The most fun I've consistently had in my life for a few decades is when out on the town, hair down (when I had hair).

It is just so much fun, (usually - sometimes there is big trouble, sometimes ends in court, but that adds to the experience and sense of wild adventure.). Just don't be rude, have respect and no violence. But have fun toying nicely with people who are clearly not on your level in terms of playing up. Try to get them into the club!

And you meet the most interesting kindred souls. Not fall over dumb piss heads. Blokes who can drink and have done so for a long time and like a drink and have led fascinating lives.

What's the alternative? Sit around home and knit socks in front of TV, drink tea and ask your partner about how their day was repeatedly, and be in bed by 2030 and pretend you really enjoy doing any of that?